- The cashier rings up my purchase.
- Cashier: Do you have a card?
- Me: I don't have a card, but can I give you my phone number instead?
- Cashier: ..?
- Me: I forgot to bring my card but I can give you my number instead.
- Cashier: ... I meant credit card.
- Me: [!] I'm sorry, I thought you meant rewards card.
- Cashier: Haha for a second I thought you were giving me your number and I scored or something.
- Me: [awkward silence]
- Cashier: Do you still want to give me your number?
- Me: [omg please stop]
And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, “This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!” And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, “No. This is what’s important. Iain S. Thomas, I Wrote This for You
← Earlier posts Page 1 of 19